Quail Summit Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Quail Summit Elementary School is sponsoring a pumpkin decorating contest for all K-5 grade students. Contest rules are as follows:
1. The theme for the pumpkin contest is “My Favorite Book Character.” You may pick any character from any book you have read.
2. Pumpkins are to be painted or colored with Markers. NOT Carved. Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Yarn, construction paper, pipe cleaners, cloth, wigs, etc. may be used to decorate the pumpkin. Tape, paste or glue can be used if needed.
3. Absolutely NO CARVED pumpkins!!!! Carved pumpkins rot, attract insects and smell. Carved pumpkins will not be accepted into the contest and will be sent back home.
4. There may be only one entry per student, clearly identified on a 3 by 5 index card:
Please print the name of the book character, book and author of the book on the front of your index card. On the back of the index card, put your name, grade and teacher.
5. All entries are due on October 24th. Pumpkins should be brought to the library. No late entries will be accepted. Pumpkins will not be accepted prior to October 24th.
6. There will be a first, second, and third place winner from each grade level. Grade level winners will be awarded on Monday, October 31st.
7. All pumpkins must be taken home on October 31st.
8. Participation is totally voluntary: the project should be done by the student with help from family members. Students choosing to participate must provide their own pumpkin and decorating materials.